Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 5, Day 1, Part 1

First off, I would like to start this blog with some amazing news. Our friends Emily and Mike got engaged this Saturday! Congrats to the both of them! Holly and I are sooo happy for you guys.

But along with this amazing news comes the reason why I did not run my 5 miles yesterday and now have to dread running them all day today. Mike proposed to Emily right before walking in to an amazing surprise engagement party for the both of them that he had put together. Everyone at the party was so happy to be together for such an exciting reason that there was obviously a lot of drinking involved, especially since the open bar started at 7pm. (Sidenote: Dad, I know you're going to read this and call me tonight and tell me to take the post down because I'm talking about drinking, but I promise I'll delete the blog before I look for another job.) The entire night was a blur of dancing, drinking and taking A LOT of pictures. Could not have been more perfect!

Sunday morning I woke up and thought 2 things, obviously, I'm never drinking again, and where can I find the closest Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds. Long story short, we found a Dunkin Donuts, I slept for about 3 hours when I got home and spent the rest of my day on the couch watching Jersey Shore reruns and Kourtney and Kim Take New York.

So since there was no way 5 miles of running was happening yesterday, today I have to suck it up and get it done. Hopefully Holly and I will be getting together today at the gym after over 2 weeks of working out on our own. We're back!

3 comments:

  1. I think we should have picked McDonalds!

    ps...your post is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! im proud of you for running yesterdayyyy...nice work, i was still in pretty rough shape from saturday. You know your getting old when you have a two day hang over. ugh.

    ReplyDelete