Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week Two, Day Two

Today was a day I was almost looking forward to. Holly and I have been running for over a week and I was excited to get on the treadmill and run 3 miles without being tired. Of course, the world had other plans for me....

After my workout yesterday I left my ipod nano at the gym. I tried not to freak out and called the gym. No one had turned in an ipod. I called 3 more times and asked when I got to Boom and still, no ipod. So during lunch I went to get new headphones at Rite Aid by my work and come to find out while I was running today... they SUCK. Maybe the worst headphones ever.

Then, while I was changing at work I realized I totally forgot my Nike+ watch that tells me how far I'm running and calculates my speed and then manages everything on my computer. I can't catch a break today!! So after I get over how mad at myself I am, I motivate myself to walk in the 25 degree weather to Boom Fitness. When I get there and ask about my ipod at the front desk, I get so distracted I forget to pick up a towel. I didn't realize I forgot a towel until I get on the treadmill and start running. DAMNIT! I don't stop and continue to run my 3 miles dripping in sweat whipping my forehead with my shirt.

But.... as I'm sitting here writing my blog complaining about everything, my wonderful boyfriend walks in the door and says he has a surprise me. Last night my surprise was Pretzel M&Ms which is by far my favorite candy ever, so that was going to be hard to top. He opens the bag and......he got me an IPOD!!!!! Best boyfriend ever!!!

Now it's time for the UConn game, Go Huskies!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for having me over for the game last night--- what a nice little treat, girls night and uconn bball. Doesn't get better than that!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete