Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day Six

First, I would like to apologize to all of our loyal blog followers. I know most of you wake up every morning and rush to your computers to see what funny thing Laura and Holly have come up with to talk about on their blog to help get you through the day. I would like to promise missing days of blogging won't happen again, but I'm not sure I can do that.

We didn't post on Friday because as you all know from looking at our training calendar, Fridays are rest days unless we miss a workout during the week. Today, Saturday, was a cross training day so instead of doing the usual walking or biking, I played football for my Zog Sports team named Street Meat. This afternoon we played a team named the Giants in the frozen tundra that is Roosevelt Island. The turf field was completely covered in snow which I would like to think made my workout even more effective because we were basically running in sand. After a tough played first half against a team at least twice our size with a policeman and fireman on it we were only down by one touchdown. After inspirational speeches by almost every guy on our team during half time, we came back on the field in the second half immediately scoring by doing Russo's speciality. After a long bomb thrown down the field by Morgan to Russo the game was tied. Quickly after that we went up by a touchdown and the rest is history. After the game we all refueled with mozzarella sticks and are looking forward to a night full of football and hopefully a dance party or two.

Tomorrow is our first 4 mile run outside so I'm going to attempt to keep my drinking to a minimum (unlikely). I'm sure there will be a lot of hungover complaining in tomorrow's blog, so hopefully it'll be a good one. Have a great Saturday Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment