Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day Threeeeeeeeeee of Week Two!!

So today was another easy day for us half-marathoners. It was our cross-training day. Typically during cross-training days, we have the option of riding a bike, going on the elliptical, or even just walking. Laura decided to ride the bike at Boom Fitness and I decided to go for a long walk down the slushy streets of New York. Slipping and sliding definitely stretches out the muscles. From 57th and Park, I walked all the way down to Union Square (15th and Broadway). In the city, 20 blocks or 8 avenues is considered 1 mile. You do the math because I am tired of numbers.

During this whole process, I've been trying to eat healthy and lay off the booze. Unfortunately, I live with Julia Child (a.k.a. my roommate Jessica) and she made the most ridiculous mushroom lasagna. I am now in a food coma sitting here with Jessica's friends. It's actually pretty cool because they all work at Memorial Sloan-Kettering which is the beneficiary of all your donations.

On another note, I am preparing for a weekend of intense snowboarding...on the bunny slopes. I'll be traveling to Vermont to visit my friend Kristin and snowboard for the first time. This will be my cross-training for Saturday if I don't get hurt on my first attempt.

Today's post wasn't too exciting but thanks for following :)

2 comments: