Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week Three, Day Two

Today was the first day back at the gym after an amazing long weekend thanks to MLK. I'm going to assume that most people who read this blog (all 4 of you, not including my parents) live in NYC and experienced the weather we got yesterday. On days like that the hardest thing about working out is actually getting to the gym. Like Woody Allen said, "Half the battle is showing up." So on my way to the gym I came up with some reasons why I shouldn't be going, and you'd be surprised how easy it was.

1. My feet are getting wet and cold, that might throw off my workout.

2. This gym is so out of the way (2 blocks), I should just workout at home.

3. I forgot an umbrella.

4. Missing one day won't ruin my entire training program.

5. I'm starting to feel a little sick.

6. Our couch at home is really comfortable.

7. Did I tape Teen Mom tonight? I should go home and check.

8. I ate pretty well today, working out wouldn't make a huge difference.

9. Some magazines say getting a lot of sleep is just as important as running the miles you have to, I should go home and take a nap.

10. I walked a lot today, it was probably 3.5 miles.

11. Can I get out of this Half Marathon thing somehow?

12. 3.5 miles sounds hard.

Even though I came up with some really great excuses to not go to the gym, I ended up going and finishing my 3.5 miles only walking once at the 2.5 mile mark for 2 minutes!!! Have a great day and I hope you're enjoying this beautiful weather as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment