Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week Three, Day Four

Today at Boom Fitness I was joined not by my training partner Holly who decided to be a rock star and run outside, but by the most interesting and annoying people at Boom Fitness. Everyone knows, when you go to the gym you want to just get in and get out (that's what she said). Tonight I was greeted at the door by a very talkative Boom employee who must not have talked to anyone all day so that when I walked in the door she could tell me how horrible her day was going. After 10 minutes I some how ended the conversation but not after she could say this gem, "Today was horrible but I just got a mani and pedi and feel so much better." Thank God! Not a great start to my workout.

To explain the next person you have to understand the set up of the gym. When you walk into the cardio part of Boom all of the ellipticals are to the right and there is a line of about 15 treadmills against the far wall. Holly and I always go to the corner on the left so our slow running isn't being judged by anyone. When I walked in today there were only 2 other people on the treadmills and they were on the right side. I was so excited, I didn't have to work out right next to someone! But then Miss. I Don't Mind Being In Your Personal Space showed up and went on the treadmill right next to me! There were 12 other treadmills to pick from against an entire wall and she picks the one right next to me. Who does that?! Then, to top everything off, instead of just walking or running she ran and then stopped every single time she got a text or call from someone, which was about every 30 seconds. She was probably the most annoying person to workout next to ever.

Then came lifting. Now, if you know me at all you would know that I hate lifting. I try to avoid picking up basically anything so I won't gain anymore muscle than I did in college. I also hate lifting because at Boom Fitness that is where all the, as Snookie would put it, juice heads hang out. So as I was doing some bench presses with my 5 pound weights, the guy next to me was lifting what looked like at least 200 pounds while screaming out curse words. Like literally just screaming out the F, D, S, C words without anyone saying anything. Long story short, all I did was bench press today.

So after a day at the gym being annoyed by almost every person there, I'm home watching Easy A on our amazing couch, full from an excellent dinner, planning to go to sleep early.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, laura-- your funny! I'm so proud of you. Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete