Thursday, March 3, 2011

Week 9, Day 4

Good morning everyone. I have been pretty behind on posts because work has been doing a good job of keeping me busy all day, they have some nerve. But I wanted to update everyone on our progress because I know it helps get all of you through the day. Tuesday Holly and I ran 5 miles, with basically no problem. Sooo gross that I can say that. Yesterday was either a cross-train day or a 3 mile day, hmmm I wonder which one I picked. My friend Emily and I decided yoga would be a good thing to do instead of running. Bad move, I would rather ran 3 miles than do yoga with her for 30 minutes again. It was so hard, I haven't been able to touch my toes in over 5 years and basically every move required that low level of flexibility. So now I'm sore, pissed I didn't run 3 miles yesterday, and dreading running 5 miles at the gym today because the weather decided to be 30 degrees out.

Anyway, I think Holly and I have decided that as long as we run 3 times during the week and the long run on the weekend, we'll be ok. My confidence is a little better after the 8 mile run last weekend, but we'll see. Holly and I will be doing 9 miles on Saturday in hopefully beautiful weather. This weekend's run is a huge deal because after it we only have 2 weeks left of training and only one more long run. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks AMAZING!

2 comments:

  1. You to are so inspirational!
    Also, Laura I wouldn't beat yourself up about posting. Holly- do you even follow this blog? (ha ha, i love you).

    ReplyDelete