Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 10, Day 3

Yesterday was a 5 mile run. It actually went better than I thought it would with the exception of my knees hurting the most they have so far. By the end of the run I could barely bend my legs. Oh well, we are down to only 10 more days of training!

After my run last night my BF and I went on a double date (my fav. thing to do) at Dave and Busters. Now, what people don't know about me is that I spent much of my weekends as a child at a wonderful place called Grand Slam. Grand Slam was like an arcade but then also had mini golf, basketball courts and batting cages. So when I was little my dad played basketball with all his buddies at Grand Slam every weekend and he would bring my brother and I. We would each get between $10-$20 to play games while he balled for 2 hours. We weren't the only family that did this so all of my friends from the neighborhood would be there and we'd run off to the arcade. I was ok at games like skee ball and pop a shot but where I really excelled was the claw. Girls would give me their coins to win them teddy bears, candy, and anything else you could imagine.

So after at least 5 years of going to Grand Slam I have completly mastered the claw. It's almost like it's an extension of my body now. Anyway, I got to show off my skills last night and won a knicks teddy bear for the BF. Pretty exciting stuff!

I got sleep right around 11 and started waking up around 7 this morning but still laid in bed until 8:30. Slowly this will start happening for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment