Monday, March 14, 2011

OMG!!! ONE LAST WEEK!

Holly and I have 7 more days until this half marathon is behind us! I could not be more excited for this thing to be over. This week's key, per the advice of a marathon expert my friend Meredith, is to hydrate as much as possible, eat healthy, and only go for a few short runs. I have a lot of confidence in us finishing the race without stopping but I am worried about how painful that accomplishment is going to be. Holly and I have worked so hard over the last 3 months and are just excited to see the cultivation of what we've done and enjoy the day.

I think our schedule this week will be to run today and wednesday and then take it easy for the most part with a long walk Saturday to get the legs moving. I'm pretty sure this is all I will be thinking about this whole week, so if my boss is still reading the blog, don't expect too much work from me. Just kidding.... (my dad is going to yell at me for saying that)

Keep your fingers crossed for us all week that the race goes well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment